Hello,

The members of the German community would like to approach you with our wish to
install a second mailing list (dev...@openoffice.apache.org) moderated by Jörg,
Raphael und Michael (Stehmann).

The purpose of this separate list would be to distinguish general user
questions from specific discussions among the project members and so avoid the
ensuing confusion.

Our needs for internal communication are growing by the day. E.g. when it comes
to coordinating our participation in fairs. We strongly believe that this kind
of public activity is very useful in order to popularize AOO and win over new
collaborators as well as new user groups. Recent examples are:

http://openrheinruhr.de/aussteller.html (Mechtilde und Michael (Stehmann))
http://www.linuxday.at/ (Raphael und Detlef)

A further reason for our request is the increase in mail traffic, from around
50 posts monthly only a year ago to almost 250 posts at present.

Yours,

Bernd
Detlef
Jan
Jörg
Josef
Markus
Matthias
Michael (Höhne)
Michael (Stehmann)
Romana
Raphael
Richard

(members and supporters of the german AOO community)