On 11 December 2013 22:10, tk <toki.kant...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Craig Rasch wrote:
> >we need more exposure to let the android market know AOO exists!
>
> Are you referring to a port of Apache OpenOffice to Android, done under
>  the auspices of _The Apache Software Foundation_

Which one would that be ?

> Or are you referring to the product in the Google Play Store that is based
> upon Apache Open Office, but is not distributed under an Apache License,
> nor is under the auspices of the Apache Software Foundation, despite
> containing Apache Open Office banners, logos, and the like, inside it?
> (I don't remember if I posted the URL of the relevant screenshots to this
> list, or not.  My Google Experience Device does not have the ability to cut
> and paste URLs, otherwise I'd post the URLs here.   They are on Flickr,
> with a caption of _This is not Apache Open Office_..  )

We have been and are in contact with the developer. He changed the text in
Google play to be inline with the license (making it clear it is an
independent port). It is legal and no problem to use the logos in the
product as such, the logo files are like anything else made public under
the ALv2 license.

rgds
jan I..