On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 5:11 PM, Donald Whytock <dwhyt...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 4:51 PM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> I while ago we were contacted by some academic researchers in Spain
>> who wanted to do a usability study about OpenOffice Writer.   The
>> wanted to interview Writer users, both new and experienced.
>>
>> You can read about the study here:
>> https://sites.google.com/site/silviateresitaacunna/Home/usability-in-oss
>>
>> Since data privacy would not allow us to give them our mailing list to
>> contact the users directly, we came up with the idea of using an
>> opt-in survey to collect the names of those who would be interested.
>> You can see the draft survey here:
>>
>> http://survey.openoffice.org/index.php/396365/lang/en/
>>
>> It collects basic info about the users and their experience level, and
>> then at the end asks if they agree to participate in the follow-up
>> study.  If they agree then we collect their email address.
>>
>> If you get a chance, please review the survey and let me know of any
>> concerns.
>>

> The phrasing on the year questions, "Each answer must be between 0 and
> 100", seems a bit odd, as if one is expected to give more than one answer
> to the question.

Here's the issue with that question:   Our experience with the prior
two questions is that we run into trouble when asking a  "how long
have you been...." type question.  We saw people entering the year
they started doing the action.   So they would enter "2010" if they
started using OpenOffice in 2010 rather than "3" for three years.  So
the field validation is attempting to give an error if they make this
mistake.  It restricts the duration field to a number between 0 and
100.

-Rob