Am 03/09/2014 05:49 PM, schrieb Kathelijne Rickert:
Hello,

I'm trying to download the new Open Office version, but it is not working.

1. I go to: https://www.openoffice.org/nl/

2. I click on the second link: Ik wil OpenOffice
downloade<https://www.openoffice.org/nl/download/>

3. I am redirected to this page: https://www.openoffice.org/nl/download/

4. I click on the first link: Download Apache OpenOffice
4.0.1<http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/4.0.1/binaries/nl/Apache_OpenOffice_4.0.1_MacOS_x86_install_nl.dmg/download>

5. I am redirected to this page:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/4.0.1/binaries/nl/Apache_OpenOffice_4.0.1_MacOS_x86_install_nl.dmg/download

Until here I don't see anyting uncommon. All fine.

6. When I try to open the download I get the following message: "Het
programma kan niet geopened worden"

Have you completed the download?
Have you verified that the downloaded file was not saved broken?
You can check this on this webpage:

https://www.openoffice.org/download/checksums.html

Before I had other trouble: when I tried to download OpenOffice (the same
steps as described above) I was downloading something called "Genio"
instead of OpenOffice...

Hm, I doubt that you have downloaded "Genio" from a webpage of our openoffice.org domain. "Genio" is already known in the Apple community. See here:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4721789?tstart=0

Is there a bug?

What should I do?

Did y by any chance install malware on my computer?

Depends on if you have just downloaded or downloaded *and* installed something.

Maybe it helps already to delete anything with "Genio".
In any case you should run a virus/malware check on your computer.

Thanks in advance for your reply!

HTH

Marcus