Hi,

On 08.03.2014 12:59, Rainer Bielefeld wrote:
Hi all,

last weekend I wanted to check whether I can try to use 4.1 for my daily
work with acceptable risk. Using such a trunk version for normal work is
a much more  manifold and reliable test than testing with prepared
testcases (what, of course, have to be done, too!).

I am used to do a query for regressions in trunk, what will allow to
check whether there are known 4.1 regressions affecting my daily work.
And fascinating, my query showed 1 Regression in 200 Bugs with Version
4.1 (I forgot what one it was). That sounds good, but it is completely
implausible that our 200 unfixed 4.1.0-dev DEFECT bugs all are about new
features. And that tells that information in Bugzilla database is
totally unreliable, not useful for such decisions.

I already started a review of Bugs in query [1]. Very often Version has
been changed erroneous from an older version to 4.1, sometimes
additionally I see reports with Status "Confirmed" what are no bugs at
all (Bug 106106, Bug 97818), or at least are very unclear (Bug 96263.

Changing entry of Field Version from an older version to a newer one should not happen. When a user submits a new issue the Field Version should contain the version on which the user observes the issue. Experienced community members, primarily by QA people, should refine the value, but only in the direction to older versions. Thus, finally the Field Version should document the version in which the issue occurs first.

May be some volunteers can assist?

I will try to provide accurate information for the issues which I review. As I am concentrating on the development I do not think that I am not planning a dedicated 'issue review round'.

Best regards, Oliver.

Best regards

Rainer

Hyperlinks: