Thanks Ariel.  I compiled the code myself for Solaris 11 using Solaris Studio
12.3 compilers.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ariel Constenla-Haile [mailto:arie...@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2014 2:58 PM
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Re: EXTERNAL: Re: Extension Manager Add Crashes

This e-mail message contained a file attachment that was blocked per Lockheed
Martin Corporate Information Security Requirements.  Certain file types are
being blocked from entering Lockheed Martin in order to minimize risk to
Corporate computing and information resources.

If a business need exists and you must receive this file, alternate methods
have been approved for use by Corporate Information Security for receipt and
review of files/attachments.  For more information and options for handling
blocked attachments, visit E-mail Attachment Security, at
    http://protection.global.lmco.com/protection/isafe/topics.e-attachments.cfm

The current list of allowed attachment types is located at:

http://protection.global.lmco.com/protection/awareness/e-msging/allowed_attachments.cfm

If additional assistance is required, please contact the Lockheed Martin
Service Desk at 1-800-435-7063.

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 07:31:39PM +0000, Steele, Raymond wrote:
> I am cross posting here since I am not getting  much traction on the
> dev list and it appears it may be API related. I have an add-on that I
> developed using the Netbeans Openiffice module. This .oxt file works
> fine on AOO 3.3, but since I switched to AOO 4.0.1 and after a
> recompile, the Extension Manager will not take my add-on (see below
> please). However, the extension manager will take the module located
> http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/english-dictionaries-apach
> e-openoffice
>
> Is there anything that the new AOO needs configured within the .oxt
> that was not needed in 3.3? Any help would be great!

You don't mention from where you got that AOO 4 for Solaris; nobody here builds
on Solaris, so all that strange crashes you mention on your mails sound like a
broken bridge on that platform (and that's where the bug you quote in one of
your mails is pointing to, but in that case to a broken bridge after a GCC
version update on Linux).

That said, I know nothing about the bridge related code, so sorry I cannot help.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina