On 05/05/2014 Alexandro Colorado wrote:
Our wiki has a lot of documentation on development process, style and
of course the best way to start is by building AOO from source. So
please make sure you are able to consult our Build guide and
experiment with the initial test hacks so you can learn your way
around them. Some are a bit outdated so make sure to advice where it
needs some fixes.
Regardless, here is some of the links that could be helpful:
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO

A quick addition to what Alexandro wrote: as soon as you are done with building, please write again and we will be happy to assign you some simple tasks. See also the Intro to development at http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/intro-development.html

If you need some guidance in building OpenOffice, please let us know details of your system and ask here. Don't worry about asking questions that may seem basic. Also note: we just released version 4.1 and if you want to use something stable while you tune your build environment you can checkout 4.1 rather than trunk. So:
$ svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/branches/AOO410

Regards,
  Andrea.