I was working on getting Tal's suggestions up in the test area -- all
good from my local implementation -- so I committed the changed
brand.html (a copy of content/test/templates) to
/templates/test/brand.html. All fine with the commit and then the
buildbot for staging failed, so nothing has been changed.

I can not recommit at this point, and I'm not really sure what caused
the CMS build fail.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

and @Tal -- I apologize for steering you in the wrong direction on this
-- it's been a while since I've dealt with template changes for a given
subarea and I forgot the procedure. We could have solved this sooner.