> But it makes sense to give some more visibility to the current "mailing
> lists" link (the envelope, on the right column) and to add a link to
> http://openoffice.apache.org/native-lang.html ; the idea behind using
> icons was probably to avoid to display English text, but all linked
> pages are in English anyway... If you have any suggestions on how to
> arrange it (with these two "indirect" links, to the pages describing
> English and N-L lists) we can take a look.

After reading your answer I found the icons. :-)
They are placed above the search field therefore for me they looked liked as action icons (support mail/form, voting via g+) so I ignored them.

I suggest that https://forum.openoffice.org/ should be extended with the
user mailing lists (only user! no dev/qa/…!) to have the supporting ways
in one place for near all languages.
Language (ID) - User Forum - User Mailing List

To avoid too many requests from unsubscribed senders, we shouldn't
simply list all mailing lists.

This is a good reason, but
(1) http://openoffice.apache.org/mailing-lists.html
and
(2) http://openoffice.apache.org/native-lang.html
provide the direct posting addresses.

So IMO it would be better to have a help text how to use mailinglists like "Using Mailing Lists" and "Participation Guidelines" at (1) but with the first step:
"To use a mailinglist you have to subscribe to this mailing lists!"

In the table there should only a mailto-link to the list-subscribe@... and a link to only one mail archive for this list.

col1: Language (ID)
col2: User Forum
col3: Subscription Link to Mailing List
col4: Link to Mail Archive
right beside the table: How to use mailinglists

Regards, Mathias