Hi Ankit,

Ankit Tekriwal schrieb:
Hi Regina,

After making changes in the command and the PATH variable to point to
visual Studio 9.0, still I am getting the same error :(
Don't know how to proceed further. Please help.

I'm no professional developer. So you will get better help, when they follow the thread, likely Monday. Nevertheless some ideas here:

Do you have examined, whether the paths on your PC are as oowintool expects them? (oowintool is a perl script in directory main)

The line 236 in oowintool belongs to "sub find_msvc()". There exist a 'for' loop over the different VC versions. The list of versions to be tested is directly above the loop. The attributes for each version are defined a few lines before. The sub combines them to an access path for the registry.

So please start regedit and look into HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ whether the path oowintool uses leads to the key ProductDir and whether the string you read there is the correct one for your Visual C compiler.

You can use oowintool directly to show you what its get. Start Cygwin, change to the 'main' directory in the OpenOffice source and then call
perl oowintool --help
That lists some commands that dump you informations, e.g.
perl oowintool --msvc-ver
dumps the Version of the Microsoft compiler oowintool finds.

Kind regards
Regina