From: Jörg Schmidt [mailto:joe...@j-m-schmidt.de]
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2014 12:54
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org; dennis.hamil...@acm.org
Subject: Re: Improved OOXML support?

> > I find it really strange that it seems impossible to find
> companies that are> willing to integrate corresponding filter
> in AOO, as a normal commercial support.
>
> Probably because it is not an easy task, too much of a moving
> target, and more.Yes, you can figure out a series of files,
> but there will always be something that is not completely
> compatible.

This is absolutely not a problem, the compatibility already provides the
LibreOffice would be enough (for now).

> I suspect that a bigger detriment to someone building
> commercial filters for AOO OOXML support is finding a
> meaningful business model,

Commercial filters are not the issue, but that someone would pay the filter
development ready, but no company finds that implements this, at least by the
companies that are listed here:
http://www.openoffice.org/bizdev/consultants.html

Greetings,
Jörg