Concerning the blog,

I think I wrote something like the first post on that blog, and I did some
curation also.  I agree Roller is not friendly for either of those activities.
[I just confirmed that I am still an editor and I just now curated many
comments on recent posts that had never been moderated onto the blog.  There is
an amazing amount of junk comments too.  If you need someone to do this on a
scheduled basis, I can take that on.  I do allow off-topic but legitimate
comments, because that is sometimes the only way of learning about some
questions and concerns.  Of course, any editor can go in and alter the
moderations.]

I did discover that I could use Windows Live Writer to produce posts, but there
were some mystery steps to get them to move through the workflow.

Moving to WordPress.com would probably be useful simply because it removes
friction and there is extensive support (and, although not observed when logged
in as the author, there are ads presented to public readers of the blog posts
on wordpress.com).  There are many ways to make WordPress posts.

There are some meta-issues, partly having to do with blogs not being wikis
(editable with histories or something else equivalent to source-control).

First, there is the creation of accounts and how that will work with multiple
editors and authors.  And the serious need to curate comments and get rid of
spam.  That will become someone's duty.  The WordPress notifications about spam
and new comments seem to be more efficient, but they have to go somewhere.  I
suppose it could be to a mailing list shared by the editors.

Second, and perhaps what was most daunting in my case, is that spontaneous blog
authoring is not the model.  The AOO blog needs to be written in the voice of
the project, whatever that is, and that is behind the usual procedure of
posting drafts, allowing edits, and even using some form of consensus for posts
to move forward toward publication.

My initial distaste for that had to do with some difficulties with what
occurred for me as too autocratic in early podling life as well as inexperience
with AOO collegiality, namely trusting others not to hack up my efforts.  My
outlet was to have my own blog (which I have may of anyhow) and an automatic
link by one post tag into the Committers Planet, which picks posts out of my
RSS feeds.  On the other hand, I am now more comfortable with community edits,
whether of posts or progress reports, although I do neither at the moment [;<).
 So there is need for an inviting workflow that does not put too much friction
in the way of potential contributors, many of whom may be wary of correction
and discouraging reception.

 - Dennis