On 14/12/14 10:10, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 14/12/2014 jan i wrote:
>> On Saturday, December 13, 2014, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>>> Very honestly, I would like that we don't depend on individuals for
>>> project resources, but maybe it is easier for a developer to share an
>>> existing virtual machine (and possibly get it running at Apache) than to
>>> prepare a buildbot environment.
>> equally honest I would be happy if we just had 1 person prepared to do
>> the
>> job. Wishing for multiple people is a luxury I  don't think we can
>> afford.
>
> Ah no, sorry, I didn't mean that (i.e., individuals opposed to groups).
> I meant: resources that are important for the project (like: the machine
> used to build our released binaries) should not be under the control of
> individuals. Compare: a VM used to build releases that is hosted on one
> developer's workstation, and is thus unreachable to other project
> members, and the same VM hosted at Apache where we can arrange access to
> other project members when needed/desired.
>
>> none of our buildbots run with release setting (something I have
>> advocated
>> for a long time), so its unlikely that any asf vm was used.
>
> OK, so let's wait a couple days for more details, since this is quite
> important: I know that Juergen builds Mac on his own hardware, but I
> don't know about the rest.

I wondering a bit why this is new to anybody. Based on the fact that the
ASF Linux bots had a different baseline and the windows machine also
lacks some important parts for some time (can't remember for sure) I
have built the release on private machines. Means a local windows build
machine, local Linux CentOS build VMs and of course my Mac prepared with
the proper baseline.

But this no big thing and ones the CentOS VMs are in place it is easy to
use the same settings that are probably still the same as documented on
our dev snapshot wiki page. Maybe minor changes regarding languages.
Anyway we can quite easy compare it.

Andre Rist got my build scripts for Mac already and I offered my help...

Nothing special new we just did it and didn't wait on somebody else.

Juergen