On 25/12/2014 Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
A. Is this a potential way to do it?
  1. Create an ooo-site/trunk/content/xx/java/ directory.
  2. Create leftnav.mdtext and index.mdtext files there.
  3. The content/xx/java/index.mdtext would become the English Language version
that
     We adopt for the target.
If further "breakout" is required, it can be handled in that directory at a
later time.

In "xx" we try to avoid too many subdirectories. The Java file could find a place in the "product" directory, and be referenced from the leftnav in that directory (extended a few hours ago).

B. Having done that, and having the message be agreeable,
internationalization can commence.
 C. At an appropriate time, the
content/java/ directory is created and it is arranged that this and
content/xx/java/ are synchronized.  (I have no idea what order this
has to be in and which is the master.)

"xx" is generated from the English content, so steps are: write English page; copy to xx (structure, i.e., filenames and directories, may change); translators add it.

D. The current content/download/common/java.html can be redirected to
content/java/ Or E. The adjusted default messages that link to the
site will link to http://openoffice.org/java and be in the build in
time to test (4.1.2?) developer builds with the new messages and the
new site pages.

Correct.

How am I doing?

Well, except one detail: as I wrote earlier today, we cannot do it for 4.1.2 since strings in Pootle have already been updated and translators are already working on 4.2.0; so at the moment we have no way to add a string between 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 (also, 4.1.2 is not meant for string changes).

I'm also curious about the new mechanism Jan described... well, very likely I'll know more about it at FOSDEM next month!

Regards,
  Andrea.