On Sat, Dec 27, 2014 at 3:34 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
wrote:

> On 27/12/2014 Kay Schenk wrote:
>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=50855951
>>>>
>>> Nice changes, Andrea!
>>

> We also need a 3-5 lines descriptions to appear at
> https://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ACNA2015ContentCommittee

I saw this request but was rather reluctant to expand it until we were sure
we had enough to do a "track".

>  I'm not sure we can actually "do" this part. I think having the topics
>> will probably determine the best speakers. Hopefully, these speakers
>> will submit proposals.
>>

> We can do it in phases. As usual, we are a widely distributed project and
> indeed it's very hard that all the most competent people for each topic are
> physically in the same place. For some topics we will have the best people,
> for some other topics we will have competent people who can still deliver a
> good presentation, for some we may have nobody. and those should then be
> removed.
>
>  In any case, I would like to send out a message  to our "announcements"
>> and "dev" lists about the topics and the conference before Jan. 1 if
>> there are no objections.
>>

> The "dev" list is OK for a start (last time I sent a request for talk
> proposals to the announce list, I got several funny but useless proposals).
> So if we can start by finalizing the topics, then ask here if we have
> volunteers for each topic, we can start putting some names.

Maybe with the proposed/recommended topics, "useless" proposals will be
minimized? At any rate, the real crux of the matter is what get's submitted
through the CFP. I still feel the "announcements" list would be valuable.

Maybe we can slate the announcement for tomorrow, the 29th, with today for
final changes to the proposals.

Shall we add a draft announcement section to the proposals page? My feeling
is we should emphasize that, even though this is being held in North
America, some travel assistance IS available. And, I think it might be
worth our while to try to engage  graduate level students in CSCI or
Software Engineering to present ideas on improvement to OpenOffice -- the
futures area?