On 17/01/2015 Kay Schenk wrote:
It's true the two last nominees -- Jan and Louis -- did discuss their
views at length, but there was not really much discussion on the
selections from this list. Contrast this from the discussions that
preceded the nominations for the initial PMC chair --
http://markmail.org/message/fj3ih654amdw4fmg

The issue was more lack of discussion than lack of time. We allocated much more time than we did in 2012 to each one of the phases (nominations, discussion, vote). Nobody can say that we didn't encourage participation. We didn't have a lot of participation, but there were no obstacles whatsoever to it.

Finally, I do hope Andrea might stay on for a bit
longer while we come to a consensus.

I gave my availability to resign "as soon as a successor can be elected", so I'm here in the meantime. Of course, I expected and still expect this to happen within a reasonable time!

Regards,
  Andrea.