> On 20 Jan 2015, at 14:41, V Stuart Foote <vstuart.fo...@utsa.edu> wrote:
>
> Andrea Pescetti-2 wrote
>> Do you approve that, in his capacity as the Apache OpenOffice PMC Chair,
>> Andrea Pescetti submits a resolution to the Board asking to be replaced
>> by Louis Suárez-Potts as the Apache OpenOffice PMC Chair?
>> [ ] +1 Yes
>> [ ]  0 Abstain
>> [ ] -1 No
>
> -1 No (non-binding)
>
> with apologies to Louis (who no doubt can fill the administrative role as
> PMC Chair) and to Andrea (for our stringing him along), but it seems there
> really should be additional vetting of other candidates, including perhaps
> their views of where the PMC is taking (needs to take) the project--rather
> than an unopposed and rushed VOTE.
>
> Sorry.

Don't be sorry. I agree with you. We clearly ought to have had more discussion
prior to voting. But on the bright side… this vote, the weirdness of it (what,
just one candidate, and haven't we seen him before?), all this led to more
engagement and, I hope, I really hope, yet more the next round.

louis