On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 9:59 AM, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org> wrote:
> Rob Weir wrote:
>>
>> I must have missed it, but when did you call for nominations?   And
>> how long are we giving to nominations?
>

> All of this started on January 1st and we can't go on and discuss forever.
> Everybody has had the opportunity to nominate and be nominated. We need
> something that converges. People who are stopping the process must realize
> they are damaging the project by reiterating the same discussions. If we
> vote, I would add an option "None of the above" and ask that people who
> prefer that one are constructive and suggest some concretely verified
> different options.
>
>> And can we have an explanation
>> why the results of the last vote were just ignored?
>

> Vote was canceled, in agreement with the only candidate, since the number of
> binding -1 votes (especially compared to the number of voters) was making it
> clear that I couldn't conclude we had consensus. This is basically what I
> wrote at the time http://markmail.org/message/jlwujrial43unk4j ; maybe I
> don't understand your question, but I'm confident I didn't do anything
> wrong.
>
> We don't even need a formal vote. There are projects that are able to change
> their Chair with a 3-day discussion on the private list. Here we chose to do
> everything in public, with the obvious noise that comes with it. And this
> requires constructive attitude.

So my concern was your statement "I'll start a vote soon, while it
lasts", when there has not been a call for nominations, nor a 3-day
period of time.  It sounds like someone has solicited up nominations
via private emails.  Let's do this in public.  Yes, we had discussion
before, but some of the candidates who previously dropped out seem to
now be back in, due to these private conversations.  Maybe others
would emerge if we did this openly.  So let's be fair and have an
actual open "call for nominations" if we're going to have a 2nd round
of this, and not just rush to a vote based on backroom discussions.

Thanks!

-Rob