On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 2:29 PM, jan i <j...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Thursday, February 19, 2015, Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de> wrote:
>
>> I need to posting on the top because I don't know which one I should use
>> as every 3 minutes new postings are coming. Sorry.
>>

>> As it is still not clear if we discuss about that the content is too
>> aggressive or just the disclaimer is too unclear, I've moved the disclaimer
>> to the top, made it red and used Jan's wording as template to make it
>> hopefully clear what it is.
>>
>> At least for the moment, the intension about the page should be clear now.
>
> THANKS.
>

>> But the following is still not clear. Unless it is not clarified IMHO we
>> are discussing in circles:
>>
>> - Who is it that do not like the content?
>
> among others
> jim who is v.p. legal and talk on behalf of the foundation in this case
> myself
>
>> - How many people do we speak about since the webpage is online?
>
> not a lot, but point is v.p.  legal of apache feel we break rules, and that
> os more important than the numbers
>
>> - Which text parts are exacly wrong or just badly described?
>
> I think (renark the word) that it is because we compare licences. ASF At
> large do not do this kind of comparing, and definitively not at project
> level.
>

> rob@ I am +1 on calling a vote, but I eould realky prefer we could settle
> this without, a vote builds fronts and we need a lot more to work together.
>
> I have offered 2 solutions, including being very flexible in the wording of
> the disclaimer, I will leave it up to you to either call a vote or work
> with us all to find a solution.

If there is consensus on the disclaimer then I'm fine with that.   If
someone has a better way of arguing the benefits of ALv2 in this
context, then that's fine as well.   My -1 is only on "let's just
delete Rob's work because I'm annoyed by too many emails about it".
And, as I've said, I'll accept the results of a PMC vote over my veto.
  And needless to say, my veto on deletion implies my willingness to
help implement an alternative approach, if we can agree on what would
be acceptable.

-Rob