On 08/03/2015 Simon Phipps wrote:
On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 11:53 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
What about actually doing something?
That, sir, is insulting. If you want to propose a resolution,
do so, but please do not attempt to hand out jobs.

Volunteering to do something is much more appreciated than complaining. I felt free to remind you and Dave that offering your help is all you need to do if you want to manually maintain a list of people. I hope Dave did not feel insulted [oops, see below]. Apologies to Simon, but in spite of thinking about it for a while, I can't really find a gentler way to tell you that if you really want to see something done, offering your help is your best option. This is true for minor tasks like maintaining a list of moderators as well as for bigger, more significant tasks.

Dave Barton wrote:
Is such a hostile and insulting attack necessary?

Well, if you felt insulted too, apologies to you too. It is quite clear from the context that I meant "doing something [about it]", i.e., about that specific web page, not in general. I can't see myself being hostile or insulting, but I cannot spend my whole day in explaining sentences.

I do not question that the ASF strives to be open and transparent, but
in the area of community building the AOO project is sadly lacking.
Comments, such as you have expressed here are, to say the least,
discouraging.

I think you got your answers and your points were taken. My comments were surely not meant to disturb anyone and I still don't see anything inappropriate there, but it can be that native speakers find problematic language that was not intentionally put there. I don't think this thread has anything useful to say any longer, and as I cannot write without being misinterpreted, I'll be happy to move over and remind that I welcome any constructive offer for help in any fields.

Regards,
  Andrea.