> On 17 Apr 2015, at 05:45, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Guy Waterval wrote:
>> EuroOffice for Android is a possibility
>> http://www.multiracio.com/index.php?lang=en&style=eurooffice&page=eo_android
>
> Is this based on the OpenOffice code? Should it be added to the porting page
> http://www.openoffice.org/porting/ (provided they want to be listed there, of
> course)? Did anybody try it?

Isn’t EuroOffice just OpenOffice rebranded (maybe now, LO?)? "Based on" would
seem an ambitious description. If you recall, MultiRacio of Hungary, the makers
and distributors of EuroOffice, have had correspondence with OpenOffice (and
previously, OOo) since 2007, at least. They presented at the Barcelona OOo
Conference back in 2007, where my goal was to persuade them to become positive
members of the community. They in fact positively contributed and were
prominent in the last OOoCon, the one held in Budapest. EuroOffice has
contributed templates and, I think, extensions to the repository, and the
latest on this subject was, in fact, from 24 May 2013, when Kázmér Koleszár
wrote to express frustration with being unable to post updates to the
extensions his company had already posted there. (Roberto Galoppini replied
positively on this matter.)

The site for MultiRacio has 2014, suggesting it’s up-to-date, more or less, but
I would be astonished if they have a version for Android, though it’s also
plausible they are working with LO on this. Easy enough just to ask Kázmér or
Banai Miklós.

If the desire is to have a working open source editor for text and other
documents, then I would strongly suggest that people look to Corinthia Project,
in Apache Incubator, as that stands the best chance of actually producing
something that works and can work regardless of specific platform or
environment.

> Regards,
>  Andrea.

Best,