On 06/08/2015 12:17 AM, aronsoyol wrote:

>> My directory setup for ant seems kind of different from yours.
>> My setup for 1.9.2 is more like <some directory>/<ant directory>/bin/ant
>

> This seems like the executable file's path of ant, but Is that we should
> set the path to the home folder?

I need to get back to you on this. I need to see if versions of ant >
1.9.2 have the executable piece in something other than /bin from the
top level of the ant directory. That would cause a problem in the config
file. See my previous comment on structure.

...more below for java info

> This is the config.log's information.
>
> configure:22378: checking for ant
> configure:22397: found /Users/aron/dev/apache-ant-1.9.4/bin/ant
> configure:22409: result: /Users/aron/dev/apache-ant-1.9.4/bin/ant
> configure:22444: checking if /Users/aron/dev/apache-ant-1.9.4/bin/ant works
> configure:22469: /Users/aron/dev/apache-ant-1.9.4/bin/ant -buildfile
> conftest.xml 1>&2
> Error: JAVA_HOME is not defined correctly.
>   We cannot execute
> /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/CurrentJDK/Home/bin/java
> configure:22472: $? = 1
> configure: Ant test failed
>     public class conftest {
> int testmethod(int a, int b) {
>             return a + b;
> }
>     }
>     <project name="conftest" default="conftest">
> <target name="conftest">
>             <javac srcdir="." includes="conftest.java">
>     </javac>
> </target>
>     </project>
> configure:22489: WARNING: Ant does not work - Some Java projects will not
> build!
> configure:22543: checking whether ant is >= 1.7.0
> configure: ant_version not
> /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/CurrentJDK/Home/bin/java
> configure: ant_version_major not /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM
> configure: ant_version_minor framework/Versions/CurrentJDK/Home/bin/java
> configure:22558: error: no, you need at least ant >= 1.7.0
>

> The log file shows that the setting of JAVA_HOME is wrong but I've
> certainly setuped JAVA_HOME  like
>
> aron-mac-almas:1.9.4 aron$ echo $JAVA_HOME
>
> /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_79.jdk/Contents/Home

JAVA_HOME is a very particular environment variable that needs to be set
to the top of a jdk, not just a jre location but a jdk location.

There are many explanations of this you can research.

This said, I do see this page:

http://www.mkyong.com/java/how-to-set-java_home-environment-variable-on-mac-os-x/

for Mac OSX systems which is what you seem to have.

Honestly, without seeing the actual structure of this area, I couldn't
tell you if it was correct or not.

See also:

http://tech-read.com/2014/03/07/how-to-set-the-java_home-variable-in-mac-os-x-maverick/

It seems finding and setting correct JAVA_HOME is a bit more challenging
than what I'm used to.