On Wednesday, July 1, 2015, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org> wrote:

> jan i wrote:
>
>> Deadline was last midnight, as said in several mails, but as usual the
>> apacheCON team accept late entries to a degree.
>>

> OK, thanks for being flexible.
>
>  Nobody from OpenOffice stepped up to build a track, or to help review, so
>> there are no OpenOffice track planned. That said, I do hope (and are
>> pretty
>> sure) the
>> reviewers will point at some AOO talks so we will be represented.
>>

> Is there a difference between having N talks and calling it a (full or
> half) track? I know that for a track the selection process is the opposite
> (one proposes a track and volunteers to solicit talks), but if N (means: a
> sufficient number) of talks get in I don't see the difference.

the difference is the selection process, once we have schedule there are no
difference. The people who build tracks select the talks with little
influence from other reviewers, whereas the rest of the talks are in one
big group, giving a single talk more competition. In case of AOO it means
that without a track it is less likely that all talks will be accepted
(remark, I only
talk theory here, the selection process is just starting).

hope that explains the difference

rgds
jan i