On 13 Jul, Pedro Giffuni wrote:

> On 07/13/15 02:06, Don Lewis wrote:
>> On 12 Jul, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
>>> Hi Gavin;

>>> https://ci.apache.org/buildslaves/bb-fbsd2_64bit
>>>
>>> Reports:
>>>
>>> FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE 64 bit buildbot for genberal projects use.
>>>
>>> Have you updated the compiler as I suggested previously?
>>>
>>> Perhaps there is some way to give Don access to the buildbot?
>>> He already signed an ICLA.
>>
>> According to the bootstrap log, it's not a download problem.
>>
>> I'm able to reproduce the problem here.  It looks like clang doesn't
>> like some of the code in CoinMP:
>>
>> In file included from ClpSolve.cpp:347:
>> /tmp/openoffice/aoo-4.2.0/ext_libraries/coinmp/unxfbsdx.pro/misc/build/CoinMP-1.7.6/CoinUtils/src/CoinSignal.hpp:47:12:
>>  error:
>>        extension used [-Werror,-Wlanguage-extension-token]
>>     typedef typeof(SIG_DFL) CoinSighandler_t;
>>             ^
>>
>> The code fragment in question:
>>
>> #if defined(__FreeBSD__) && defined(__GNUC__)
>>     typedef typeof(SIG_DFL) CoinSighandler_t;
>> #  define CoinSighandler_t_defined
>> #endif
>>
>> This has been changed in CoinMP-1.8.2 to:
>>
>> #if defined(__FreeBSD__) && defined(__GNUC__)
>>     typedef __decltype(SIG_DFL) CoinSighandler_t;
>> #  define CoinSighandler_t_defined
>> #endif
>>
> Hmm .. that change happened six years ago in the coin trunk:
>
> https://projects.coin-or.org/CoinUtils/changeset/1126/trunk/CoinUtils/src/CoinSignal.hpp
>
> But the coinmp guys haven't updated it. We carry the change
> in our (FreeBSD) local port:
> https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/math/coinmp/files/

I looked at the PR and it appears that the FreeBSD port was patched to
revert the typeof -> __decltype upstream change so that the port would
build with our ancient gcc in FreeBSD 8 and 9 base.  Since the port
successfully compiles with clang on FreeBSD 10, I suspect the difference
between the FreeBSD port and building the openoffice bundled version
must be caused by different compiler flags.