On 08/07/2015 04:00 AM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
On 07/08/15 09:50, Michal Hriň wrote:
Thanks for providing a binary, but I am a bit concerned that a version
is
made public, before the PMC have even spoken about being ready to make
release candidate or started voting on a release candidate.

Is this coordinated with the release manager for 4.1.2 ?

Please do not misunderstand me, I think it is great that work is being
done, I am just surprised we are ready to go public with 4.1.2 even as
pre-view.

<hrin>

OK. Binary is deleted.

This was not coordinated, that was only snapshot .. not release
candidate. All in all Linux 32bit builds from AOO410 branch are on
buildbots, so everybody can downlaod it, this is not secret.

Sorry, that I was excited and want to show it publically.

no problem you did a good job and I don't see any problem, you did not
publish anything official and just provided a new fresh binary for
preview and testing if your build env is working as expected and can be
used for a Windows release build. Please continue your tests and keep us
informed. I'm would be happy if I don't have to prepare windows builds.

I'm finding this conversation perplexing, and, no doubt, I lack some back-story.

Surely it's wonderful that someone is producing binaries for folks to try out, right? Why would we want them to be deleted, and not publicized?

Binaries are not (as has been discussed DOZENS of times) official releases. And anyone is free to take our code and push out binaries.

Can someone explain to me what the problem is here? We should be encouraging the work that Michal is doing, celebrating it, tweeting it, and encouraging everyone and their grandmothers to try out this new build.

What am I missing?

--
Rich Bowen - rbo...@rcbowen.com - @rbowen
http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon