Top posting.

If the closure of all old bugs is decided, I would like the team to consider
keeping the bugs that have gathered votes. The threshold remains to be agreed
on.
We cannot just dump enhancement requests or bugs that draw much attention from
users. That would mean that AOO does not want to take the whole inheritance of
OOo.

Hagar

Le 07/08/2015 09:13, Marcus a écrit :
Am 08/06/2015 09:11 PM, schrieb Dennis E. Hamilton:
Marcus, the queries I did for identification of open issues found only
> issues with no resolution of any kind.  That automatically excluded
> issues with any of DUPLICATE, ..., WON'T FIX, and CLOSED status.

OK

Older open issues, some from long before Apache OpenOffice was
> established, continue to receive discussion and comments and, even in
> 2015, sometimes become resolved, including with fixes.  I think it is
> good to hold onto the history simply to be able to reflect that.

Nevertheless I would like to see them closed. It's possible to reopen an issue
when one has the impression it's worth it.

IMHO "Sometimes" is not enough to justify to leave billions (may feeling) of
issue open.

I agree that immediate concerns are best explored by looking more
> deeply into the 2015 issues and discussions to gain better
> perspective.

I suspect the older open issues to look more closely at first are
> ones that are still being discussed, including being duplicated by
> new issue reports.

OK, maybe older issues with newer comments should be left open.

But duplicates are coming even when issues are already closed. People setting themselves
at CC in the old, closed issue and then open a new issue. The summary at the end is not
seldom "I've the same problem."

Let's cleanup our issue base. For this we don't need a (new) volunteer. We can
discuss about the criteria and then just close them.

Marcus