On 08/27/2015 09:05 PM, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am in the process of migrating our unit tests from cppunit to Google
> Test. However AOO doesn't build with cppunit and hasn't been routinely
> built with cppunit for a while, which means our unit tests are in a
> state of neglect, and unsurprisingly, there are many failures both
> compiling and running our unit tests.
>
> Ideally we should investigate why and fix the tests. But the APIs
> being tested are complex and unfamiliar to me (eg. SVG parsing), and
> would take very long to investigate properly.
>
> I could commit changes that will just get the tests to compile, then
> fail during testing and stop the build, thus forcing others to fix
> them quickly :-), but I don't imagine that will go down well. So I am
> taking this approach instead:
>
> // FIXME:
> #define RUN_OLD_FAILING_TESTS 0
>
> #if RUN_OLD_FAILING_TESTS
> broken_test();
> #endif
>
> Also I am making unit tests run on every build. This way at least some
> unit tests will be run, and any future regressions to tests can be
> caught immediately, while the broken tests can be fixed gradually.
>
> Everyone happy?

Well pretty much. :)

I've been watching your commits. Thank you for taking on this
challenging task.

OK, just to be clear. It looks like you're converting the cppunit calls
to Google Test api calls. But, what you're saying is the actual use of
the Google test routines needs additional modification to work
correctly, right?

> Regards
> Damjan

MzK