On 26/10/15 15:05, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 26/10/15 12:17, Regina Henschel wrote:
>> Hi Jürgen,
>>
>> Jürgen Schmidt schrieb:

>>> Regina I don't know why it doesn't build on your machine but I
>>> successfully built the tagged AOO410 branch for the RC on Windows, Mac
>>> and Linuxc 32/64 bit. It was always a clean fresh build to the latest
>>> tagged sources. The src tar balls are gnerated on Mac as I did it always
>>> in the past. The included config scripts for Mac are a mistake and were
>>> probably in all src releases in the past as well (good catch Damjan)
>>>
>>> Well I built the src tarball only on Mac because of the lack of time to
>>> do it on the other platforms as well. But again it iis the same source I
>>> used to build the binaries.
>>
>> If it is not my build environment, then it is likely a problem on
>> Windows, because building in Cygwin is a little bit special. Sadly no
>> one found the time to try building a src tar ball on Windows. We are not
>> releasing binaries but source, and as long as nobody does a successful
>> build of a src tall ball on Windows, I cannot vote +1 in good conscience.
>>

> Regina, I used the tar.gz tarball and started a Windows build,
> everything looks good so fr and it is still building. stlport for
> example is finished, I don#t remeber what exactly your problems were.
>
> Herbert mentioned that he remembered problems with the zip file and
> cygwin and permissions. Well I don't know and as mentioned I used the
> tar.gz because it was smaller.
>
> I will let you know when the build is finished.

checked the build in the morning and en-US built was successful. Besides
the fact that we have some issues on newer Linux distros (we ever had)
the src package is fine.

@Regina, I still have no ideas what the problem is in your env but maybe
you can give one of the tar balls a try instead of the zip.

Juergen