Language packs are a bit different, although they might include writing tools
for your preferred language.

For language packs, go to <http://www.openoffice.org/download>.  Choose the
language of interest if it is not already selected for you.  Then choose
"Download language pack" (possibly translated to your language, e.g.,
"Herunterladen: Sprachpaket").  On the next page, wait for the download to
start.  Do not click anything on the page.  If your browser requests
instruction about what to do with the download, use your preference for only
that.

 - Dennis