On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 2:54 AM, Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Patience! Let's see what Roberto has to say

Something has been puzzling me lately. What if this is delliberate?. I
mean, people setting up these "fake AOO" sites and then joining the SF.net
advertisers network only to hurt AOO?.

Can an individual project hosted on SF.net, choose to only display adverts
from advertisers that have a long track record of "no problems/complaints"
(a "scoring" if you prefer)? That would be a good way to remove the people
who join the sf.net advertising network with the only purpose to do these
AOO scams and hurt AOO.

Besides the "removal" of offending advertisers, is there any other legal
action that could be taken by the ASF, SF.net, or both? Can we at least
know who they are and publicly shame them? (I suppose if the adverts
networks can pay revenue to them, that they already know who they are and
whom to send the checks to).

Just thinking aloud...
FC

act
Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un Acto
Revolucionario
- George Orwell