On 2/1/2016 7:00 AM, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 4:46 PM, Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org> wrote:

On 2/1/2016 4:34 AM, Regina Henschel wrote:

Hi Patricia,

Patricia Shanahan schrieb:

Now I'm stuck. I got through configure, with warnings.

Can you please be more specific about the warnings?

Are you sure, you start building in instsetoo_native ?

I've posted a message in this thread with config.log attached. Here is the
prompt, including current directory, from my attempt to run build. I did my
SVN checkout into /cygdrive/c/OpenOfficeDev/Trunk

Patricia@Jan2014Desktop
/cygdrive/c/OpenOfficeDev/Trunk/main/instsetoo_native
$ build --all

Thanks,

Patricia

Windows is probably the worst platform to build on: it's the slowest and
apparently the most problematic :-(.

64-bit Windows is one of the commonest platforms that can be used for software development. The problems with building AOO on it may discourage a lot of potential developers.

Nothing seems obviously wrong so far. That perl file your build breaks on
wasn't changed since 2012. Later I will compare your ./configure options
with my own that works. In the meanwhile please post the entire sequence of
commands you ran, from autoconf onwards. You could also "dmake clean" after
you "source winenv...", then start again from ./configure.

Thanks for looking into it. It appears to probably be, ultimately, an issue with TortoiseSVN mangling line endings. I am redoing the checkout using Cygwin's command line svn. Once that is done, I'll copy over a few things from the old tree, and try again from autoconf on.

Patricia