On 2/2/2016 4:34 PM, Greg Bullock wrote:

Thanks for looking into it. It appears to probably be, ultimately, an
issue with TortoiseSVN mangling line endings. I am redoing the
checkout using Cygwin's command line svn. Once that is done, I'll copy
over a few things from the old tree, and try again from autoconf on.

Patricia

I know you've already moved on to cygwin's command line svn, but for
completeness: I believe TortoiseSVN lets you set options for whether and
how line endings should be handled on checkout.

I found some information about that, but it was not clear how to set
"don't mess with the endings at all" for an entire source tree.