On 2/6/16, Fernando Cassia <fcas...@gmail.com> wrote:

> https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GYP_(software)
>
> BSD license, written in Python, used by Chrpmium so Windows should be
> supported too.
>
> If it doesn't help, sorry about that... just wanted to add my $0.02
> FC

I meant Chromium. Sorry for the typo I'm on a small tablet so expect
more to come ;).
By the way, here's a nice overview of all build systems out there
including some details I didn't know about Boost's Build

https://bitbucket.org/scons/scons/wiki/SconsVsOtherBuildTools

---long quote--
Boost.Build is a system build on the Boost.Jam substrate. Like Make,
it is able to deduce a sequence of build steps given just sources and
a target type. Unlike Make, it knows about different types of
compilers that are common on various systems, and the different steps
involved in compiling for Windows vs Unix. This knowledge allows the
user to describe what needs to be built in high-level terms, without
concern for low-level details such as the compiler's specific flags,
the way that the operating system handles dynamic libraries. The goal
is to be able to write a single, simple, build description (Jamfile)
that is likely to work with any compiler and/or operating system, even
ones you can't personally test on. It also has built-in support for
variant builds, options (e.g. include paths and threading options)
associated with the usage of particular libraries, and the running of
test cases (including automatically setting up necessary environment
variables such as LD_LIBRARY_PATH).

The Boost Build V2 system can create multiple variant and/or compiler
builds in a single build step (e.g. debug objects and release objects
are compiled into separate directories). The learning curve may be
steeper if you're used to directly manipulating low-level build
details such as compiler flags, but you get much more of a
full-featured build system right out of the box. With SCons you could
achieve the same results, but you would have to build an extensive
system on top of it with several more layers of abstraction. Or you
can write much more complicated Sconsfiles, designed to deal with each
of several supported compilers and operating systems individually. The
Boost.Build team is seriously considering the use of Scons as its
low-level build substrate.
--end quote--

 cons: boost build "only works for c and c++ code"
http://www.boost.org/build/tutorial.html

FC

act
Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un Acto
Revolucionario
- George Orwell