On 01/08/2016 FR web forum wrote:
Signature is checked in includes/ucp/ucp_register.php

I think I can disable it easily by simply ignoring the extra config variable you supply. But if you want to keep the feature and extend the regexp, then this must (as I understand it) be changed in the database. There is a good writeup at https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/User:TerryE/phpBB3.0.4_Migration/Detailed_Implementation_Notes for the record.

So, I'll now send you in an offlist mail a ZIP file with the code we have in that directory. If you want to supply a modified version (basically, undoing the "Mod" we are applying now) just send it back to me; I'll review and apply. If you want instead to extend the range of OpenOffice derivatives we support as valid signatures, then this will need a DB change and a bit more investigation (but nothing particularly complex, it seems).

Regards,
  Andrea.