Hi

If you've been checking the buildbots you'll see that all who don't use
--without-junit are currently broken in ./configure due to junit being too
old. This is unlikely to change, as the buildslaves are running Ubuntu
10.04 which doesn't have newer versions of Junit available in apt.

This is part of a bigger problem, which is that Junit's dependencies
changed multiple times in the 4.x releases, which is why I changed
configure.ac to need at least 4.11 (the maximum being 4.12).

Instead of needing a correct system Junit version to run tests during the
build, and having to worry about having correct system versions of Hamcrest
on the classpath, should we not rather treat them like external
dependencies and download specific versions during ./bootstrap? It's under
300 kB for both, and the bvt/fvt/pvt tests already download their own copy.

Damjan