On 02/09/2016 12:52, RA Stehmann wrote:

>> being an end-user focused effort. I would suggest we focus on not
>> being one, but instead being a framework or library that can be consumed
>> by actual end-user implementations.

> If AOO is not an end-user focused project

AOo is one of the few --- perhaps only --- Apache Foundation project
that is end-user focused. It is the only one that is consumer, as
opposed to corporate focused.

As a framework, or library, the project would be much more aligned with
The Apache Foundation's sphere of expertise and knowledge.

> Also people, who build binaries are obsolete.

Even with frameworks, binaries have to be built. They simply aren't
distributed.

> The first way might be the "Apache way", but it is definitely not the way for
> and of the OpenOffice community.

Upon meeting, the couple is entranced with each other, and get married.
Having learnt more about each other, they discover that things are not
what they thought they were, so they get divorced.
If both sides had been willing to make adjustments, the divorce would
not have happened.

jonathon