If you are offering to take action on a specific Issue, do so on the Issue.  If
you want discussion of a proposal to act, or you want a patch or solution
reviewed, do that here on dev@, pointing to the Issue.

If you are requesting that someone else do something, here at dev@ is as good a
place as any.

There are two important things to keep in mind:

 1. Voting has no weight.  It is informative, as is all of the comments about
how something doesn't work.

 2. Action is entirely by volunteers who have the capacity, capability, and
will to carry out some action.  The developers who work on something are
self-selected.

There is no organization or management or executive structure to have it be
otherwise.  That does not mean others can't discuss.  It is just that the only
action occurs the way I describe.

 - Dennis