On 10/5/2016 2:32 AM, Larry Gusaas wrote:
On 2016-10-05, 12:48 AM Andrea Pescetti wrote:

Larry Gusaas wrote:
Is this approved or not approved as a release blocker???
I thought there was a fix for this.
It is essential that this is fixed for Mac users.

As I understand it, the reason is lack of testing and, as explained by
Ariel, system changes in the latest 2 versions of MacOS X that require
build changes for this to work. But testing is easy: just download a
4.1.3-RC1 build from
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.1.3-rc1/ and give
your feedback in the issue. If this doesn't make it for 4.1.3, it is a
clear candidate for 4.1.4 (which is surely not going to take one year!).

Regards,
  Andrea.

Base works in 4.1.3-RC1. I worked in the build that Ariel posted on the
issue for this bug. Apparently it doesn't require build changes to work,
or have those changes been made. Or was Ariel referring to the bug that
means the legacy Java 6 is required for Java to work on AOO???

I tried to find out what was going on in the thread

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/0e96354facb4683435be70f428f8381636b2becaa89b34ab7b5f3ef0@%3Cdev.openoffice.apache.org%3E

Subject: Status of "Base 4.1.2 does not open Tables and Queries in Mac OSX"

I could not get a clear consensus that it has been fixed in 4.1.3, so I could not include it in the release notes as a fixed bug. There is still time to change that.