On 04.10.2016 22:04, Hagar Delest wrote:

Le 04/10/2016 à 06:50, Peter Kovacs a écrit :
ODF has a better trancperency then OOXML. But beeing open we need to embrace and value both formats.

My fear is: if AOO exports in OOXML (as LibO does), what will happen to ODF?
You seem to like the way ODFormat is defined. I think we should support you and offer you the choice for various options on this file format. Maybe something a compatible ODF definition towards MSO, so you are safe that you MSO buddy can exchange documents with you.
Or offer you ODF 1.2 standard. So you feel more home and save.

But what is with Bill Pate, who has done a lot of work, and is looking atm for a different tool. He has fear that all his work is lost or unsuable of sorts when he imports to Open Office. Or maybe his work is lost after a while he finds out he misses MSO so much he wants to return. We should also try to answer towards his fear. (please note I assume here something, but the assumption is for makeing a position clear not for anything else.)

See I want to stay open. That means I work into the direction that supports your requirement and to Bill Pate requirement. Giving both of you the maximum of choice that is possible to provide with the available ressources. This is a huge maybe impossible challenge. But I have some Ideas. Still looking what Open Office already implements of them and what has to be improved. And I will not manage to deliver on time atm. But I hope I find support. In you and others that are interested in OO. Openess incorporates for me /*Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité*/. Not fully supporting OOXML means giving up on Égalité. Not accepting the Users requirements is against my whish for Fraternité. For me there is a political dimension in joining Open Office. And also imortant one in this times.

"The World could use more Heros." - Tracer, Overwatch, Blizzard

8)

I am sorry for drifting into idological point of view, but it explains my feelings pretty well. IMHO this is more an emotional thing then technical thing.