On 23.10.2016 11:46, Jose R R wrote:
GCC 6 will not build the OpeonOffice suite; however, GCC 5 will
happily build the Apache professional office suite application.
Well, lets see if that can be fixed.
Please be aware that there is currently a bug affecting GCC 6.2.0-7 (and up)

< https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=841368 >

The bug may also affect other than kernel builds -- as yesterday
gcc-6.2.0-9 failed 'make' during my build of GRUB2 from git and had to
use gcc 5.x.y

Keep that in mind in your efforts to build OpenOffice 4.1.3
Ahh okay, I understand. Well I guess this is distribution specific.
My distribution files far less open bugs for them.
https://bugs.archlinux.org/?project=1&cat%5B%5D=31&string=gcc

But they are puting all efforts on doing one thing right, instead maintaining different Packages. So hmm, we will see. I do not think this is a compiler issue, thats only related to the compiler.