On Sun, 1 Jan 2017 11:15:24 +0800
thefacks <thefa...@bigpond.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I went to print some documents eoday and found that not only had this
> document gone but so to had all my other documents.
>
> It will take many hours of work to reproduce these. Can you suggest a
> better way?.
>
> When you upgrade you wonderful software can't you transfer the
> previous documents to the "new" version?
>
> Regards
>
> Ian Fackrell

The Recent Documents list is just a series of shortcuts to the location of the
files, which documents should still be on your computer in the location in
which they were originally saved.  You can start OpenOffice, use /File /Open to
navigate to the correct location(s), and select each document in turn to open
it.  They will thereafter appear on the /File /Recent Documents list.

When OpenOffice upgrades from one point release to another it preserves the
Recent Documents list, when it upgrades from a full numbered version (say OO v3
to OO v4) it offers the option to use the existing configuration, but this is
often not a good thing to do with such a major upgrade.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>