We did not have our own favicon.ico for openoffice.apache.org. So the
site took the one from apache.org.
But that one was faulty. ;-)

So I created our own feather icon.

My question is: Should we stay with the Apache feather or can we take
the same favicon as openoffice.org?

the new one has no transparent background. So, the browser tab will show the feather with surrounded white color. When this has changed then it can be used.

Regarding which one, I would like to see the feather. The website is about the OpenOffice project, it's community and processes and less about the software itself. So, another favicon can support the differentiation better than if it would be the same favicon for both websites.

Marcus