Hi all

Apache OpenOffice NG stands for New Generation. I know, this thread is difficult. Just sit down, relax and read it. This is just a brainstorm. We don't talk now if it's possible or not.

What would happened if we drop the product but not the project? Drop the binaries and just doing source Release. The idea is to hand over the final products (can be a variety of products) to third party organizations (Companies, whatever). The Project remains open to provide a common codebase.

I know, this is a complete different way. At first i said: "NO, NEVER", but if I start thinking a bit longer I also see the big chances in.

Maybe we should say goodbye to the idea of the one big office suite who try to serve all the peoples needs and start to think in direction of smaller office tools who are customized for a User Group.

What you think about this, the tread is open for inputs, ideas and so on.

Regards Raphael