On 24/07/2017 Marcus wrote:
Am 21.07.2017 um 02:38 schrieb Raphael Bircher:
If you forget unwinreg.dll, you get a message, with a wget and a
download link. Why we don't donload this directly.

good question. Maybe some devs can help here. Is it possible to
integrate this into the build system or are there reasons not to do so?

The explicit URL was added by me since it was cumbersome to open http://www.openoffice.org/tools/unowinreg_prebuild/680/ and downloading the library manually.

I'm not a big fan of downloading stuff without an explicit action from the user/developer: the bootstrap phase works well in this respect, since the user/developer know he is downloading external files. This is the reason for us not to do an automatic download, besides the fact that we can't rely on wget being available (but we could rely on other tools like the bootstrap script does).

So if we can add it to the bootstrap phase, instead of turning the error message into a forced automatic download, it would be best.

Regards,
  Andrea.