On 10/4/2017 3:03 AM, Roberto Galoppini wrote:
I've just tried this on another Mac, with the very same operating system,
and it works.
I need to wait until later today to retry on the other machine, let's say
in 6 hours from now.

Given this, and the other reports of it working on Macs, I suggest going ahead with closing the vote 72 hours after it started and proceeding with the release.

Meanwhile, perhaps those with Mac skills can work with Roberto Galoppini to try to understand the failure, with a view to discussing it in the release notes.