On 2018-09-05 7:18 a.m., Simon Gottwald wrote:

> Hello and sorry to bother you with such a banal question!

It isn't a banal question.

I'm fairly confident that the overwhelming majority of font foundries
would rather people ask, and adhere to the terms of their license for a
specific font, or typeface, than use it in violation of their license.

> do I have to keep anything in mind with regards to the fonts contained and
> their licensing?

Typically, font licenses cover the usage of the final work product,
ignoring how it is created. The exceptions tend to be fonts that are
exclusively distributed with a specific software program.

Read the license for the specific font, and if you have questions about
usage, either talk to a solicitor, or directly contact the font foundry
that created the typefaces in question.

From my perspective, the only safe fonts to use, are those that are
distributed under _The SIL Open Font License 1.1_. _SIL Open Font
License 1.001 update 5_, released in April 2017, is the most recent
version of that license.

I am not a lawyer.
This is not legal advice.