I created a new project in Source Forge,
https://sourceforge.net/projects/open-office-html-4-to-html5/. It contains my
latest tested conversion. If you cannot read the files, I’ll add more files to
make it easier. Currently my latest in testing version is in
http://www.americasfreedompressalliance.us/Howard/Open/ .

To see the source code there use
http://www.americasfreedompressalliance.us/Howard/

and on bottom of page may enter

                Open/index.html

                Open/Gen2.php

                Open/ReadMe.txt

After looking at text, may use browser ‘Save Page as’ to get a copy of source.

I could put a shorter version of those programs in Source Forge project.

I have looked at code generated by both filters. The .html filter tries to add
the page header and page footer to the generated code. Does a bad job of it, I
have cleaned it up some. The .xhtml  filter doesn’t even try. The .xhtml code
is true to the page width in Open Office document. The .html filter doesn’t
even try. One reason I am trying to make it as print compatible as possible is
to make an alternative to PDF. The output is much smaller. In fact, if you
compress the output and add the image files, the result is much smaller than
the .odt file. Also, some users may want the output to look like a (typed)
document.

The ReadMe file tells more of what has been done than what needs to be done.

If I ever get to the table of contents, it will be really amazing.

I was able to get to the source of the .html filter. However with so many
includes it was impossible to wade through. As asked before, compiled versions
with all the includes expanded would help a lot. There seems to be 4 programs
in the filter.

Howard