> Peter Kovacs wrote:
>> I do not see your issue. Our release team works much faster then the dev
>> team progresses on 4.2.0.
>
> There is a major difference between a 4.1.x and a new release like
> 4.2.0: for 4.2.0 we need the entire community, not only what you call
> the "release team" and developers (read: localization efforts,
> organized QA efforts, a possible public beta, a baseline update...).
> If you believe that 4.2.0 is only for developers you are
> underestimating the task.
>
>> A 4.1.7 will keep the routine and knowledge active while we develop
>> 4.2.0.
>
> We have many millions of users. We must provide some value with a
> release. This meant waiting 11 months (and counting) between 4.1.5 and
> 4.1.6; if 4.1.6 has no major regressions, we can surely wait some
> months before considering a 4.1.7 (again, in a non-emergency situation).
>
> But I would really like that we stop talking about this virtual 4.1.7
> release and actually release 4.1.6 for real.

Peter wanted to move the Release from the dev to the release area soon.

I have already created a staged directory at SourceForge, so we can
upload the binaries there.
After that I think Marcus can test his new scripts for the download
(test) page?

And as discussed before, we should simply copy the Release Notes from
4.1.5 and update them for 4.1.6.

Regards,

   Matthias