The patch is applied (as well as some other changes) and apple_remote builds,
but it looks like even though it builds, some linking issues are still there:

[ build RES ] vclen-GB
  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_AppleRemoteMainController", referenced from:
      objc-class-ref in salinst.o
  "_OBJC_IVAR_$_AppleRemoteMainController.remoteControl", referenced from:
      -[VCL_NSApplication applicationWillBecomeActive:] in vclnsapp.o
      -[VCL_NSApplication applicationWillResignActive:] in vclnsapp.o
make: *** [/Users/jim/src/asf/trunk/main/solenv/gbuild/LinkTarget.mk:330:
/Users/jim/src/asf/trunk/main/solver/450/unxmaccx.pro/workdir/LinkTarget/Library/libvcl.dylib]
 Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
dmake:  Error code 2, while making 'all'