On 29/03/2019 Pedro Lino wrote:
I would like to ask if there is a reason why there is a desktop integration
folder?

We do have several possible desktop integrations (GNOME, KDE, etc), see the RPM Linux64 packages for example.

This currently forces the Linux user to run 3 commands
sudo dpkg -i *.deb
cd desktop-integration
sudo dpkg -i *.deb

In the last command the user is actually supposed to install only the relevant package. Contents of this directory vary, so it might be that in some circumstances you only find one package there. But the generic rule is that you have several integrations available and you pick the right one.

Regards,
  Andrea.